Computing System Seminar (Spring 2015) @ NCSU CS
Shen (xshen5 AT ncsu.edu)
CSC801 students: email yzhao30 if you have class/lab conflicts with the seminars
Schedule (subject to frequent update):
- 1/16 11am @ EBII 3211, "Scrambled Eggs
To Go: Cooperative, Run-Time Dynamic Client-Side Exploit
Mitigation" by TJ O'Connor
- 1/23 11am @ EBII 3211, "Enabling Parallel Execution and
Dynamic Optimizations – A Principled Approach", by Zhijia Zhao
- 1/30 11am @ EBII 3211, "Performance tuning and
performance evaluation of Hadoop", by Kamal KC
- 2/6 9:30am @ EBII 3211, "Privacy and Inferences:
Measurement, Detection and Protection", by Jessica Staddon
- 2/12 (Thursday) 11am @ EBII 3211, CYPRESS: Combining
Static and Dynamic Analysis for Top-Down Communication Trace
Compression, by Jidong Zhai
- 2/13 9:30am @ EBII 3211, "Anticensorship in the Network", by Eric
Wustrow from U of Michigan.
- 2/16 (Monday) 4pm @ EBII 3211, "Dancing with the Adversary: A Tale of
Wimps and Giants", Virgil Gligor from CMU. (part of TCSDL)
- 2/20 11am @ EBII 1226, "Understanding Real World Data
Corruptions in Cloud Systems", Peipei Wang. (IC2E'15 practice
- 2/27 11am (updated) @ EBII 3211, "Attacking the Browser", by Alex
Kapravelos from UCSB.
- 3/2 (10am Monday) @ EBII 3211, "Analysis of
Inter-Component Communication in Mobile Applications through Retargeting", by Damien
Octeau from U Wisconsin.
- 3/4 (Wednesday) @EBII 3211, TBD, by Vasileios Kemerlis
- 3/6 11am @ EBII 3211, Economic Mechanisms for Managing
Risk in Datacenters, Benjamin Lee from Duke
- 3/13, spring break.
- 3/23 (Monday) TBD, by Tom Shrimpton
- 4/3, Spring Holiday, no seminar.
- 4/17, 11am @ EBII 3211, by Milind Kulkarni